As we all know, moving can take up a lot of energy. It consumes our time and our energy, and this is why many people ask the question – what to eat on a moving day for breakfast. Many people consider breakfast the most important meal of the day, and they are not wrong. Why is that, and what should you eat on your moving day? Those are the questions we are going to ask and try to answer in this article. So, continue reading if you want to know how you can be an unstoppable mover. Let’s begin!
Moving takes up a lot of energy
For a lot of people, moving day is a long day. That means that they have to get up early, welcome their chosen movers, and organize for moving. And this can take up a lot of energy. Moving day is for many people one of the most active days they have experienced in weeks or months, and this is why it is important to be prepared for it. And one of the best ways to prepare for moving is to eat healthily. But that doesn’t necessarily mean what you may think. So, let’s jump to the next part of our article.
What to eat on a moving day for breakfast? Sweets?
One of the most caloric foods you can eat in the morning is sweets. So, should you eat sweets on your moving day? The answer is probably no. Why is that?
When you eat sweets or any food with high sugar content, there is a high chance that you will not feel well later in the day. This may sound untrue since many athletes eat sweets and other high sugar content food when they are competing. Most probably you have seen tennis players who will eat a bar of chocolate during their match. And this is good for them since they need a lot of energy fast. And sugar is for that. If you need to have a lot of energy in a short period, you should eat sweets. This is why it would be best to consume sugar just before you have some hard physical activity, like carrying heavy stuff. So, delete sweets out of your moving checklist!
What to eat on a moving day for breakfast? Meat?
If you are not a vegetarian or vegan, you should eat meat on a moving day for breakfast. Now, this may sound counterproductive. Most of the people in the west do not eat meat for breakfast, and it is in their tradition to eat something other than meat for breakfast. Most of the people in Europe or the US will eat some kind of food with high sugar content. But this is bad for several reasons.
Sugar has high highs and low lows. When you eat candy or a pancake with maple syrup in the morning, you will feel great at first. But sugar tends to pass right through the body. That means that later in the day you will feel weak or without any energy. This is why it is important to eat a portion of food with plenty of proteins in the morning on your moving day. Meat, such as chicken is one example of high-protein food. Pork is ok, but it doesn’t have so much protein as a chicken. Also, for lunch, you should eat a high-carb food, like pasta, since you’ll be lifting some heavy stuff.
What to eat if you are a vegetarian?
A vegetarian is a person who does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish, or by-products of animal slaughter. That means that you will still have a wide variety of high-protein food to eat for breakfast on a moving day. We recommend eggs, dairy products such as cheese, and similar foods. All of them are full of proteins, and this is why many bodybuilders, for example, eat eggs and dairy products in the morning. Maybe you could call in some of them to help you disassemble your furniture. However, not all vegetarians are the same. The most common types of vegetarians include:
- Lacto-Ovo vegetarians: Those are vegetarians who avoid all animal flesh, but do consume dairy and egg products. If you are a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian, then you should eat eggs and dairy products in the morning on your moving day.
- Lacto vegetarians: This kind of vegetarians avoid animal flesh and eggs, but do consume dairy products. In this case, you should eat dairy products or any substitute which is full of proteins.
- Ovo vegetarians: If you are an Ovo vegetarian, then you are allowed to eat eggs, but no dairy products. Eggs are full of proteins and you should eat them in the morning even if you are not a vegetarian.
- Vegans: Vegetarians who avoid all animal and animal-derived products are called vegans. So, let’s jump to the next part of our article.
If you are a vegan
If you are a vegan, you should avoid all animal and animal-derived products. One of the most common problems for vegans is how to find a food with a sufficient amount of protein. So, what food is full of proteins which you can eat in the morning on your moving day?
- Seitan – Seitan is one of the most popular sources of proteins among many vegetarians and vegans. This food is made from gluten which is the main protein in wheat, and unlike many soy-based mock meats, it resembles the texture and taste of meat when cooked.
- Soybean products – Those are tofu, tempeh, and edamame. All of them are products of soybeans, and soybeans are a great source of protein.
- Green peas – Green peas have slightly more protein than milk. Or to be more exact, a cooked cup of green peas has a slightly more protein concentration than a cup of milk.
- Soy milk – Soy milk is another great source of protein, and it is a great substitute for cow’s milk. It is full of proteins and is a great source of energy.
- Nuts – Nuts are a great source of protein, and they are recommendable even if you are not a vegan or vegetarian in the morning.