You have rented a storage unit in New Jersey? The next step to figure out is to learn how to make your NJ storage unit safe and keep your items undamaged. The first step is to choose a reliable storage company but it is not enough. To keep your items safe, you need to pay attention to other things too, no matter if you have rented a temporary or a permanent storage unit.
Make your NJ storage unit safe – tips
When you are organizing the move to NJ or remodeling a home, renting a storage unit is a common solution to keep your items undamaged and safe.
With these tips, you won’t worry about your items inside of a storage unit.
- The first step (after finding a storage facility and renting it) is to transport your items safely to self-storage. Having movers transport your items to your NJ storage unit on your side, is an easy way to do this.
- Look for storage with the alarm system. It is one of the best ways to be protected from theft or robbery.
- Gated access to a storage unit is a big plus, but not so many storages in NJ have this option. Private access storages with electronic entry gates and special locks will keep you updated who is coming in and out.
- Good lighting inside and outside of a storage unit is a must. Not only because of protection but also, if you are planning to visit your storage unit in the dark, it is essential.
- Today, most storages and warehouses have video surveillance. You can even watch your storage unit on your phone or PC while you are at home.
- After storing all your items, keep humidity level inside of a storage low. Humidity is not good for wooden furniture and moisture can cause mold.
- If you need to store items that are sensitive to high temperatures, keep in mind that summers in NJ are hot, so rent a temperature-controlled storage unit.
- To make your NJ storage unit safe, you should also pay attention to how you are storing items inside. Don’t make clutter, clean items before storing them, disassemble furniture for a move and for a storage unit, wrap fragile items, etc.
To make your NJ storage unit safe, as you can see, there are a lot of things to take care of. When choosing a storage unit, make sure it is properly secured and in good shape. New Jersey has a lot of storage units, do research and pick the best for your needs, starting by choosing the right size storage unit. If the storage company can’t offer you a proper security system, then keep searching. Don’t make compromises when it comes to safety.