Is your kitchen small and you need more space? There is no option for making your kitchen bigger, but it does not mean you can’t make more storage space in your kitchen. This way, you will have a functional kitchen where you can put all your kitchenware, appliances, and food. Spend some time on remodeling, and create a place where you can cook your favorite dishes and enjoy. The first step you need to take is to have some ideas.
Tips and tricks on how to create more storage space in your kitchen
Having an idea is already half of the plan. This is why we have some simple ideas for you to try in your kitchen, in order to have a place for everything. Small kitchen? No problem, just be creative. The internet is full of kitchen photos and designs.
The spring is coming, so do a spring cleaning for a fresh start and you will get rid of all unnecessary items. It is the fest step of every home project. Anyone can do it. After decluttering and throwing away all the items you don’t need, you can start with this project. Here are some simple ideas:
- Store cooking utensils in a cutlery tray, such as forks, knives, spoons, spatulas, etc.
- Install hooks under a shelf or cabinets to hang mugs and a pot rack. You can even hang your stemware
- Find a cutting board that fits over your sink if you don’t have a large counter
- Use plastic bins or large glass jars for bulk items
- Add shelves on the wall or your door
- Use dividers for lids, baking sheets, and pans in cabinets
- Mount your dish rack above the sink
- Add a magnetic knife bar on your wall
- On cabinets doors (from inside), install hooks to store some kitchenware
- Designate a place for everything and try to be as organized as possible
- If you have more time (and money) remodeling your kitchen and change some cabinets and reorganize them
Renting a storage unit
Sometimes, the kitchen (and the house) are too small even if you create more storage space. In that case, renting a storage unit is one of the solutions. Look for a storage unit near you and store off-season items, old kids’ toys, clothing, items you don’t use often and declutter your entire home.
Rent the right size storage unit and organize it. People are renting it because of different reasons, remodeling, moving, storing their goods, for commercial needs, etc. It is a good solution if you are renovating your home, to keep the furniture safe and undamaged. You can rent it permanently or temporarily, in both cases you will make more storage space in your kitchen.