Moving long-distance is not easy for everyone. If you are moving from one state to another and plus you need to travel through a few states, it takes time to organize the relocation. Moving from NJ to Florida is a big project and a big change in life. These two states are completely different from each other. One of the first steps in this process is to know which routes to take when relocating from New Jersey to Miami. How to organize traveling, especially if you have kids?
Pros of moving from NJ to Miami
Before you move, make sure that this decision is the right one for you. Why should you leave NJ for Florida and what Miami has to offer to its residents? Miami is one of the most popular cities in Florida and in the USA as well, but what are the reasons for that? Why people are moving from New Jersey to Miami for good? Here are some of the reasons.
- The weather – as you already know, the weather in Florida and NJ is different. If you want sunshine all year round, Miami is the place for you. Say goodbye to winter and rainy and cold days. This is why a lot of Americans spend their vacation in Miami. More than 300 days of sunshine and hot weather attract many people.
- Affordability – first of all, Florida does not have income state taxes and also, overall costs of living are lower than they are in big cities in New Jersey. Especially cities that are near New York City.
- Beaches – some of the most beautiful beaches in the world are located in Miami.
- Outdoor activities – swimming, fishing, kayaking, golfing, hiking, riding a bike, snorkeling, sailing, or bird watching, just name it, Miami has it. When your every day is sunny and nice, you will want to spend more time outside and be active.
- Diversity – culture in Miami is very diverse. It is a mix of Native Americans, Cubans, Mexicans, and African Americans. The results are amazing food, beautiful architecture, diverse art, and good vibrations all over the city.
- Entertainment options – Miami is known for its entertainment option. It has options for families with young kids, seniors, and younger adults. You cannot be bored in Miami.
The best routes to take when relocating from New Jersey to Miami
When moving from New Jersey to Florida, there are some states you must go through. There are plenty of New Jerseyans who are considering Florida for their new home, but first, they need to organize a relocation. States that are between NJ and FL are Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Of course, there are different routes to take when relocating from New Jersey to Miami, so you can make some changes and visit other states if you want to.
The average distance between NJ and Miami is around 1,260 miles, but it depends on the route you will take and the place in NJ you are coming from. On average, you will need 20 hours of traveling to get to Miami from NJ, but it is hard to drive without pauses. And dangerous too. This is why you need a plan for this traveling and to organize your stops. Maybe even to spend a night in a hotel. Organize the entire relocation in advance. And it does not include only packing.
The fastest route will be via I-95 S but it has tolls. If you want to avoid tolls, you should go via I-77 S and then I-95 S, but this route has 100 miles more. In both ways, you will be moving for 2 days. This is why you should consider spending a night in a hotel. It is safer and you will be rested. Especially if you have kids, they can start crying or being nervous.
Hire a moving company for a long-distance relocation
Moving household items cross country is not for one person without experience. This is why most people hire professionals moving for a long-distance relocation while they are traveling hassle-free. A reliable and affordable moving company can be found on miamimoversforless.com and similar websites of reputable and licensed movers.
Your belongings will be in safe hands if you hire an experienced moving company. This way you can enjoy your trip from NJ to Florida. A full-service moving company can even pack your items if you don’t want to deal with that task as well. Find easy, fast, and safe solutions for a long-distance relocation and have stress-free moving. A moving company will choose routes to take when relocating from New Jersey to Miami, and you can travel by airplane.
The best neighborhoods in Miami for New Jersians
When moving to another state, exploring the city where you will move is a big part of the process. Miami is not a small city and it has plenty of different neighborhoods. For moving locally you should be properly prepared. Don’t underestimate a local relocation in Miami. To make this process stress-free, keep in mind that locals are at your disposal, and having a professional moving company by your side will help a lot. Especially when you do not know the area very well.
Some of the best Miami neighborhoods to move to from the northern states are:
- Little Havana
- Coral Gables
- Coconut Grove
- Downtown Miami
- Key Biscayne
Make a road trip when moving
If you have more than 2 days, make a fun trip to Miami and spend more days traveling from NJ to Miami. For example, when New Jersey seniors are moving to Florida they have more time. They can spend every day in another city.
For example, choose one of the 3 main routes to take when relocating from New Jersey to Miami, but make stops to explore other cities and natural beauties. Have fun with your family while moving, it does not have to be only stress when moving.